Withholding refers to the portion of income tax taken out from your salary. The specific income tax amount your employer deducts from your regular pay is influenced by two factors:
- Your earnings
- The details you provide on Form W-4 to your employer.
Signing your W-4 form on Niural
To sign your W-4 form,
- Create an employee profile on Niural
- On the account setup, fill your Federal tax setup and State tax information
- You will be prompted to sign your W-4 on doing this.
- Sign and Confirm the signature
Re-sign your W-4 form on Niural
Updating your federal or state tax withholding elections will prompt you to re-sign your W-4 form. To update tax information on your Niural profile,
- Log into your employee profile on Niural.
- Navigate to your Account and click on Jobs & Pay
- Click on the edit button on your tax setup details. The tax setup corresponds to the IRS’s W-4 form.
- For federal withholding setup, the Federal Filing Status is the only required field.
Note: Selecting “Exempt from withholding” means that Niural will not withhold federal income taxes, but will report taxable wages on a W-2.
You will need to sign a new W-4 form by February 15th of each year if you are claiming exemption from withholding.
Guide to updating Federal tax withholding
- Box 1(c) Federal filing status
- Federal filing status is a tax classification that determines how your income tax is calculated based on your marital status and household situation. This is a mandatory requirement on Niural.
- Box 2(c) Multiple job
- Selecting this option increases the amount withheld, but for privacy reasons, it can be left unselected.
- Box 3 Dependent total
- If your income is $200,000 or less ($400,000 or less for married couples filing jointly), add these amounts and enter the total.
- Multiply the number of qualifying children under age 17 by $2,000;
- Multiply the number of other dependents by $500.
- Box 4(a) Other income, not from jobs
- If you anticipate additional income without withholding, like interest, dividends, or retirement earnings, enter that amount here for tax withholding.
- Box 4(b) Deductions
- If you'll have deductions apart from the standard one and wish to lower your withholding, follow the "Deductions Worksheet" on W-4 page 3, then input the outcome in Niural.
- Box 4(c) Extra withholding
- Input the extra tax amount you wish to have withheld from each paycheck.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Sign Document and sign your new W-4 form.
Guide to updating State tax withholding
- Sign in to your employee profile on Niural.
- Click on Account
- Click on Jobs & Pay
- Scroll to the State tax setup section
- Click on Edit
- Provide your state filing status.
- If you select "Do Not Withhold" or, in certain state-related instances, Niural will not deduct state income tax from your earnings, but your W-2 will still display all taxable wages.
- Edit other details
- Click on Save